The Work Study Program places students at corporate job sites one day a week through the school year. Corporate sponsors take on between 1 to 3 student-workers for a fee of $2800 per year, per student. The students gain work experience and earn money that helps reduce overall school costs; the corporations receive entry-level clerical workers at a competitive price.
Student Job Sharing
- Students work standard daily business hours (approximately 8:30 am to 4:00 pm).
- Academic schedules are structured so that students are available to work without missing school work.
- Each student works four to five full days per month.
- Sponsoring companies contract with the Work-Study Program to fill part-time, entry level jobs in their offices.
- Students are employees of the Work-Study Program, not the sponsoring companies.
- The Work-Study Program handles all payroll, W-4, I-9, Workers’ Compensation, FICA and other employer issues for the students.
- The program runs annually from approximately Labor Day through Memorial Day.
- Students assign their earnings to Cornerstone Academy to help reduce the tuition costs.
- Students receive a quality education in a private school and they gain valuable job experience.
Benefits for Students
Students work one day a week for corporate sponsors, typically doing entry-level clerical work. Students gain the following from their work:
- Job skills
- Mentors in the workplace
- Income to help reduce tuition costs
Benefits for Corporate Sponsors
- Cornerstone Academy Work-Study Program is the employer of all its students, and is responsible for all taxes, workers’ compensation, and compliancy issues
- Cornerstone Academy coaches the student on a weekly basis
- Competitive pricing when compared to other part-time employees
- Stabilization of high turn-over positions and reduce burn out
- Guaranteed satisfaction: Cornerstone Academy Work-Study Program will replace the student worker if the corporate sponsor is dissatisfied
- Enhancement of company’s diversity and support of urban education
Become a Cornerstone Academy Corporate Sponsor
When a corporation takes on a work-study student, here are a few of the benefits:
- Students learn important work skills as they help pay for their own education.
- Community corporations engage with the students of their city, helping train them to be capable future employees.
- Businesses benefit by having the Cornerstone Academy Work-Study Program pay the employee benefits for the student-employees.
If you would like to become a corporate sponsor of Cornerstone Academy, or would like more information about our Work-Study Program, please contact us.